Friday 13 April 2012

Yesterday.

Yesterday all my troubles went away. Not really, but I did go for a run. This post is just a day late as a friend was in town from Australia and so after my run we had to go on downtown and show him how to get up the hill. This marks 5 days with a run everyday. Most of them being a shorter 'round the block' run but with a 'long run' thrown in. The length of the shorter circuit is around 1.8 kms and this week I ran this route 4 times. I also ran a slightly longer route that took me almost up to a group of shops we'll call the 'Northland Shops', mainly because they're the northland shops, which evens out at 4.5 kms. Nearly 5 k's. I'm not sure how long these runs are taking me as I have yet to get hold of a watch of some sorts. I timed myself yesterday on a short run and that came out at 16 mins. So at this point it takes me a quarter of an hour to run nearly 2 kms. A despicably long amount of time really, but still something I'm proud of as I manage to run the whole distance. Which, of course, is the whole point of the exercise.

When I count it up the distance that I have actually run in the past 5 days is 7.2 kms 'round the block' and a 4.5 kms long run. A nice round total of 11.7ish kms. The challenge is now on for the my next week of running to get up to and perhaps pass the 15km mark. Something I feel is getting closer and closer. I still fully intend to run a 10 km run in the next 3 weeks and yes, I'm very aware that this weeks total will have to fall somewhere on the 'very short run' end of the scale. But that's the whole point of doing the Marathon des Sables in 2 years time, rather than next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment