Sunday 29 April 2012

The Run of Today +

Another day, another run. Only a short trip today. But still a run. On a side note I've changed the website I use to 'count the miles' as I don't really want to be counting miles, I'd rather use Kilometres like a normal person.

And on to the run from today...

I looked up at the clouds as I left, and a slight frown passed across my face as I noticed the rich grey colours that seemed to be all the sky was made from today. I thought that I might be getting a bit wet, and then recognised that the only reason for me to get a bit wet was the excessively well developed procrastination skills that I have. I'm not sure who I can thank for those, but I won't be buying you a beer anytime soon. After these enlightened thoughts had wafted through my mind I decided that I had better just get going. So I went.

If you will notice on the little thing that measures altitude it starts by going up. And then up, the first half of this run is spent going up. It was on the last little bit of up that I ran into a problem. I was being assailed at both ends. The assault at the front was caused mainly by the wind, but it was helped by the slight drizzle that had begun to float slowly down. Until it was caught by the wind, and then it turned into nasty needles that sought to drive me back. Only there was another battle going on behind. This might get uncomfortable, if you have a weak stomach you might want to look away now. The battle behind was caused by last nights dinner. There was a strong desire to get home as fast as I could to solve these matters. You can look back now if you'd like.

These two battles enticed me into taking a shorter run today, although I think  I can safely say I won both battles.

Weekly Round Up


Day 1: 500 m
Day 2: 2 km
Day 3: Nil
Day 4: Nada
Day 5: 4 km
Day 6: 7.8 km
Day 7: 2 km

This gives us a grand total of - 16.3 km

As for the goal of 25 kms. I didn't make it. A fair estimate for the reasons behind this would be the overuse of the 'procrastination tool' and the two days in the middle where I didn't run at all. Not to mention the crazy cockamamie mistake of Monday. Best start this week on a different note.For the goal over the coming week I shall keep it at 25 km, and with a little extra work it is still an achievable aim.

No comments:

Post a Comment