Wednesday 18 April 2012

The Wind

I live in Wellington, New Zealand. If you know New Zealand then you'll know one thing about Wellington. The capital city is famous for one thing above all others. It's not the prowess of our rugby team. It's not our amazing seafood, though you can find a good feed of fish. It's not even the political skill of our politicians, our political might is something to be reckoned with: If you drink Tui. It's our wind. Seeing as how we are located in the 'roaring forties' we have an abundance of strong winds. Today was a rather special run, I ran and ran. Only 'round the block', so my long run will have to wait for another day, but today was still special as today was the day that the wind and I became one. That's right, I am now 风伯(fengbo) - the human form of the Chinese God of the Wind. Known to the Maori as Tawhirimatea and also to the Norse as Njörðr. I am one of the all powerful forces in this world and I shall sweep all before me. But wait... I may have got a little carried away... Today I ran fast. Tomorrow I shall run faster....

No comments:

Post a Comment