Monday 30 April 2012

A run in the (mid-winter) sun

Today I awoke, too late to go for a run as usual, and went to class. This is the most consistent routine for a Monday morning. There was something that was unusual about this Monday morning though, the weather. Yesterday I noticed it was raining, today I noticed it wasn't. After two coffee's I went for my run, very quickly I came to the conclusion that I didn't have enough water in my body. Now that I'm at home I have a large glass of water in front of me and with every mouthful the headache is slowly receding. Today is a very mild 16° and I have managed to acquire a slightly annoying headache on my 3.78 km run in the sun; I can only imagine the difficulties I would face if I were to run a marathon in 40°+ so let's get this right in the chills of a Wellington winter. Then we can try it in the early summer warmth of Marlborough; and get it right.

I'm adding something new to every post, beginning with this one, as I have noticed something different every time I run. And so at the bottom of each post I shall add a 'things I notice section'. I may even begin to take a camera with me on the odd occasion, but perhaps that would detract from 'the running experience'? We shall see...

Things I notice: A broken plate. Smashed to smithereens it sits quietly and dejectedly on the 5th corner, I don't know if it's waiting to be collected or has run away from home. Or perhaps this corner is the plates equivalent of a tropical beach. Maybe I should ask it?

No comments:

Post a Comment