Sunday 22 April 2012

End of week round up

The sixth in a row today. As yesterday the run I took was excessively long I decided to shorten it a little bit today. I ran around half of what I ran yesterday. I'm still pleased with myself that I actually managed to get off for a run today, my legs were pretty heavy when I started and I thought that I would end up just doing my shorter run. However, once I started going I could feel the muscles starting to loosen up just a little and halfway through they were feeling only tired.

Now that you know my legs aren't as Godlike as they appear to be, lets get onto the important stuff: How far did I run in the last week. With only one day off I'm expecting to at least get close to my goal of 15 kms.

Day 1: 0 kms
Day 2: 1.8 kms
Day 3: 1.8 kms y
Day 4: 2.0 kms y
Day 5: 1.8 kms y
Day 6: 6.8 kms
Day 7: 3.3 kms y
          TOTAL:  17.5 kms

Result: Pride. At least on my part. I have almost run a half marathon in the past week, not only that, I've also managed to keep my goal of daily runs going and I've added yoga as well(On the day's with a 'y' in the above list). I've still not managed to get myself to a point where I can consider myself to be actually 'fit' but I have managed to get that point a little bit closer. With the continued effort on my part I believe I can 'knock the bastard off'. I realise(yes, Google, that is how you spell 'realise') that it's still a long way away but I'm actually seeing that I am capable of managing such a feat as the 'Marathon de Sade.'

Goal for the next week: 25kms, including a run of 10kms or so. It should be attainable, especially as I'm intending to run every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment