Monday 9 April 2012

The Longest Yet

I'm writing this because I am quite proud. Yes, proud. Today I went for a run with half an idea to run a bit further than I have before. Usually when I run this is the route I take. I know, it's short; But I'm only beginning. This is the route that I take if I'm going for a longer run. Ridiculous right? Ah well, at least it is longer. This is why I am proud today. A little bit longer than the usual 'around the block' run. The first time I did this 'round the block run' I found myself puffing and blowing all the way round. Not only that, I stopped semi-regularly to keep my huff'n'puff from knocking me out. And by semi-regularly I mean every 3 - 5 minutes. On my run today I stopped once, at the shops, twice, after the tunnel, and thrice crossing the road at the top of the hill to home. I think somewhere in the last month my fitness level has improved. Although still having a substantial way to go before I am able to run for 7 days through the Sahara. Thankfully there are a few shorter challenges and around 2 years to go before I will be doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment