Friday 20 April 2012

Morning

It's a Friday morning. I'm not a morning person. Today I managed to drag myself out of the dream world at a respectable half 8 in the morning, I then proceeded to fanny about; reading emails, checking the news, looking at procrastination sites, and taking care of necessary business for the next hour and a half. However I must say that it has been 4 days with a small but not inconsequential run each day. I think that's not too bad going as I've also added another thing to my morning routine. For my wife's birthday last year I gave her a pair of Yoga mats. I told her it was so we could do yoga together, however I had really bought the wrong one first off and couldn't get my money back. My prediction however has come true, and I am now trying really hard to fit that into my mornings.

Yoga, ah, the bending of legs, arms, backs and all those other places that shouldn't be bent. I've noticed on the last couple of mornings that my legs, arms, backs and all those other places that shouldn't be bent don't want to do anything. I think this is mainly because of the innate system of laziness I have been able to install so thoroughly while I was getting to this age. My whole body is pretty saying to me 'you don't have to do anything' but as it doesn't actually hurt, it just isn't easy and natural to be lifting a leg to take a step, I've come to the conclusion that I just need to tell my body to stop whining and harden the f啊ck up.

No comments:

Post a Comment