Tuesday 17 April 2012

four days without...

Friday - No run.
Saturday - No run.
Sunday - No run.
Monday - No run.

Pathetic. That's what I told myself as I lay in bed with the warm foggy surrounds of sleep slowly being pushed further and further into my mind. It didn't help much. I still wanted to lie back and let it all just wash over me, let it lull me even further back into my sleeping bliss. That couldn't work though, as every time the folds of sleep managed to grasp a toe hold in my mind there would be sharp kick and a noise from my wife. I took that to mean that I had finished for the night and stumbled out of bed. After I had made a coffee for my wife and I, and drinking both of them, I slipped into my running shoes and made my way out the door. Left, right, left, right. I was back into it. The challenge now, I've decided, is to see how many days in a row I can manage to fit a run in. So today has been day one. Just the short 'round the block' route with a slight change. I ran up a different street so that I would have a steeper profile to my run. It doesn't make much of a difference, but it does make a small difference. The intention tomorrow is to do a longer run. The same route as the 4.5 km run last week but with an extra bit tagged on from the turn around point to make it longer than 5 kms.

Expect to hear more tomorrow about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment