Saturday 21 April 2012

The Fifth

It's 1425 on Saturday the 21st of April. I have just returned from a run, my long run of the week. I have small rivers of sweat cascading down my body. This is understandable, at least it is to myself, as I have just completed my longest run. In living memory. This afternoon I ran 6.9 kms. In less than an hour. I think. I didn't actually check the time before I left, but I think I stepped out the around half one. I have been running for not even 2 months and got to the point where I can run nearly 7 kms not uncomfortably in less than an hour. Now I realise that before the end of the year that time, less than an hour, is going to look ridiculously slow. But at this point in time I'm really stoked with myself for two reasons really. It took me less than 1 hour. I ran all the way. I stopped where I turned around for a brief rest, but I still ran all the way there and all the way back.

I have another day to come tomorrow, on which I think I'll try and get in another 5km or so of running. My goal for this week was 15kms and at the moment I'm sitting on around 15kms and not feeling too bad. Not only have I been running this week I've also been doing yoga. I've used this as I don't know how to stretch properly, I don't have any money to go to a gym and learn, nor do I want to really. This seems to be doing the trick, basically that's what yoga, as a fitness exercise, is all about. Stretching and controlling your breathing. Anyway, off to day 6...

No comments:

Post a Comment