Saturday 28 April 2012

10 km run?

Well, another run done today. That brings the days total to... One. Awesome. I set off with the intention of running 10 kms, I had even mapped out a possible route, with the help of Google:maps, but this didn't pan out. Instead I ran 7.8 kms. It took me around an hour. A bit slower than I'll need to be in the future, but I got it done and that was the whole point of the day. Somebody asked yahoo answers for me and the people of the internet said that 50 mins was a good time for a 10 km run/race. I was 2 km short, and 10 mins slower. I'm not too disappointed with that, but I will be looking to more than halve the amount of time it takes me to run 10 km.

Here's the route I ran today. There was a considerably large hill right about where I decided to turn around which was absolutely no fun whatsoever. The view once I got to the top didn't make up for it at all either. All round a disappointing hill in a disappointing place. I'll have to remember to steer clear of that one in the future.

On another note, the weather here in Wellington is not doing anything at all to assist my motivation. With cold days and wind that brings in rain it's not much fun at all. However, once I get past the sore legs, the tired legs, the horrible cold at the beginning, the feeling of over heating at the end and those damn hills, it's really not fun at all. But it still must be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment