Monday 14 May 2012

Weekly Round Up

I should really put a number on these weekly round ups as I have no idea which week I'm up to. In the week just gone I ran:

Mon:    3 ks
Tues:    0 ks
Wed:    0 ks
Thurs:   4 ks
Fri:       0 ks
Sat:      4 ks
Sun:     0 ks

Another week to be not particularly proud of - 11 ks. As I only went for a run three days out of seven in the past week I failed in my goal. My goal for the week was to run 5kms further than last week, I ran 1.22 ks further. Not even close. However, if I had of dragged myself off for a run on just one of the days I didn't I most likely would have made my goal. Thus, I think the goal for this week should be 5 days running.

5 days. Cold is only fleeting, and, to quote General Lewis B. 'Chesty' Puller of the USMC, 'Pain is weakness leaving the body!'

Things I notice: If I don't go for a run, my body punishes me. I find that I have serious difficulty sleeping. Right now I've been up for a good 30 hours. Bit tired, but it got to five this morning and it became either sleep or go to class, not a hard choice. Hopefully one I won't have to make in the future.

So it's an early night for me tonight before I rise at sparrows fart and tear around my 4km run circuit in the icy chill of a windy Wellington winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment