Friday 4 May 2012

Weak Withering mid-Winter Sun

It was in the middle of the afternoon when I managed to best my procrastination skills and set off into the withering yellow sunlight. The weakness of the midwinter sun did nothing to warm me up and it was only through sheer effort of will that I managed to pretend I was comfortable at the beginning of my run, this did change slightly as I got further into the run. I became warmer yet less comfortable. I also managed to time it so that I ran past a school as the students were let out for the day. Not a highschool, but a school you send  your sproggets to when they become too annoying. There was a slight challenge in dodging little children while keeping my pace up. It could, perhaps, be turned into a rather irritatingly addictive flash game.

I ran a short route that I have used regularly, I am not allowed anymore to just run to the shops and back so I used a short route that I have done a number of times before, it took me past the shops, past a school and across a big concrete bridge before turning around and going back over a big concrete bridge, past a school and past some shops, all the way home. The reason I'm not allowed to run just to the shops and back is that I won't improve my fitness levels by running the same routes again and again so this pushes me to run further. Anyway, I'm tired now and I believe that I managed to run this route faster than I have in the past. So I guess it was worth getting tired for.

Things I notice: Children are incredibly annoying when underfoot. Most especially those that are bundled up against the cold, although it doesn't matter so much if you knock those ones over. On a side note, I was extremely jealous of their bundles - warm down jackets and little mittens.

No comments:

Post a Comment