Saturday 3 March 2012

It Begins...


My name is Bradley Howes and I live in Wellington, New Zealand, described by Lonely Planet guide books  - 'Wellington is Cool-with-a-capital-C, crammed with more bars, cafes and restaurants per capita than New York, and a slew of gourmet producers including some 10 independent coffee roasteries'. This is where I live. On a hill smack in the middle of the coolest little capital in the world, and I will be here for the next four years, at least, as I struggle to gain high marks in a double degree. The first degree being a Bachelor of Arts(Chinese) and the second being a Bachelor of Teaching. I will be juggling full time study, training runs and my life with my new wife for the foreseeable future.


I have never run. In fact at this very moment, 15:52 on Saturday the 3rd of March, 2012, I hate running. There is nothing I can think of that is more boring, nothing that is harder to maintain an interest in and a long list of things I would rather be doing. This is one of the main reasons behind why I have begun training for the Marathon des Sandes. And perhaps the reason why I will succeed.

Coming in the next week:- My personal statistics - Everything from my weight to my shoe size (including photo's. Yes, that's right, 'plural'); My first training run; My birthday gift; Conversations with my brother's and perhaps more if I get around to it, it is the first week of university after all. I will also, eventually, get to grips with how to use the exceedingly simple blogger website.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mr Bradley
    Wow haven't you set yourself a challenge, that is awesome. Good on you mate, I wish you the best of luck!
    Hope the Bday was a good one, tried calling you recently but got a message saying the number couldn't be reached. I'll be making a short visit in April so hope to hear from you soon!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete