Friday 23 March 2012

Apathy.

It's happened. I've found it again. My apathy, I thought I had lost it. You might not believe this, as I haven't said anything about it but prior to this week I was still going for run's. Not daily, but there were still runs. Every two days or so I would strap on my shoes pull on my shirts and slip into a dirty old tee, not necessarily in that order, head out the door and up the road. But it's been a week now. My shoes are sitting by the door and scowling at me whenever they hear my feet walk past. I don't like it. I could use all the normal excuses, well most of them anyway. Seeing as how I'm a student I can't really use the whole work got in the way line. I , however, say that I was completely focused on my future life and income. But that would be a lie, and after the words had passed my lips my shoes would be still sitting at that door, scowling at me. It wouldn't be a complete lie, however, as I have been learning that the Aztec religion was somewhat interesting. Yes, I realise that doesn't help me towards my goals so much. I could also blame my excessive apathy on the wonderful Wellington weather, but that also would be a lie. I have a shirt that is made out of this stuff called  polypropylene. Most commonly found in living hinges it also makes a nifty 'keep warm' shirt. It works well in the wet of wellington I'm told. I also have a jersey lying around at home somewhere that I could, conceivably, use to keep warm on my return. These great excuses that I have really amount to just that. A simple excuse that can be debunked easily. As such I believe all I really need to do is just step into those lonely running shoes, pull on that sweat stained shirt, slip my very attractive legs into some tight, short running shorts(which I don't have by the way) and step across my threshold. Lifting one leg, then lifting the other. A simple way to travel really. I shall begin again. Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment