Monday 26 March 2012

Monday

Monday. Another day, another dollar for all you working types; for me though, it was just the same as a Sunday only with a one hour class. Today we learnt that there would be a test on Thursday, what a delightful lesson. So once that was done I went and picked up my squash racquet and then when I got home I had brunch and laced up those running shoes. They seemed rather happy today, may have had something to do with the whole 'not even 24 hours since they were last laced' thing. So, I was there on the road, just jogging my nice happy jog - read this as my normal unfit running sounds 'puff, puff, wheeze, pant, puff, wheeze' - when I felt this little twinge in my left leg, low in my left leg. Below the knee, below the calf but above the achilles. Nothing too unusual about that, was my first thought, just the usual discomfort of running. The twinge got stronger. In short, my run/walk of today turned into a walk/run. Once I hobbled my way home(I say hobbled but there wasn't really any pain, just a tweaking of the muscle with every step) I found I had to ask Dr Google. I have always found this Dr to be the most knowledgeable and, most importantly, the cheapest.  Now, Dr Google had this to say 'you have a serious issue with your soleus'. Actually, I think he meant 'it's no problem just take it easy' and so that's what I have determined to do. Stretch the soleus muscle before, during and after my daily run. Another thing that is happening today is that my brother is arriving from Australia, the land of Islamophobes and anti-Semites, for a short stay. During this short stay I believe it will be necessary for us to go on a run together. It didn't happen when my other brother was up from The Mainland, so I should put more of an effort into it this time. I don't believe I have mentioned this before, but the intention is for the three of us to run this short desert race. I shall explain in a further post.

No comments:

Post a Comment